Main Conference 2: Hilton Syon Park
8:00 am - 8:50 am Registration and Welcome Breakfast
8:50 am - 9:00 am Chairman's Opening RemarksAir Commodore Jeff Portlock - Former Chief of Staff, Air Command RAF
9:00 am - 9:40 am Early Detection And Strategic Deterrence: Nato’s Vision For Airborne ISR
• Defining NATO’s position on the strategic challenges posed by both non-state actors and near-peer adversaries
• How can we ensure the operational relevance of AEW&C platforms in future conflict?
• Ahead of the 2018 NATO Summit, what are the critcal objectives that will shape the short to mid-term in NATO?
9:40 am - 10:20 am Developing Pakistan’s Aviation Industry
• The PAF’s air surveillance and early warning capabilities and investment into additional aircraft
• The PAF’s defence industrial strategy and the role of the PACK in developing new technologies in airborne ISR
• Regional defence strategy and plans for international defence partnerships
10:20 am - 11:00 am Morning Coffee and Expo Tours
11:00 am - 11:30 am AWACS after 2035
• Exploring NATO’s options for the delivery of a follow-on to the E-3 capability after 2035
• The challenges in conceptualizing requirements of the future
• The need to engage with industry to support the project
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Getting The Information To The Right Place – Examples Of C2 & Isr Fast Response Programs
Sponsored by ViaSat
12:00 pm - 12:50 pm Cultivating A Culture Of Innovation And Rapid Integration: A View From Industry On How To Adapt And Improve Acquisition Processes
• How should current practices adapt to suit more agile acquisitions and adapt to the rapid rate of technological innovation in the future?
• How can the military work better at sourcing and working with SMEs in the ISR space to bring new ideas and innovations into the acquisition framework?
• What challenges are there in identifying new requirements, preparing bids and competing for funding in the ISR space?
• How can industry help to support blue sky thinking and shape the art of the possible for future airborne ISR and C2 capabilities?
• What are the most significant process/technical innovations underway in your organization?
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Lunch and Networking
Space: Reach and Resilience1:50 pm - 12:00 am Operation Of Japan's Airborne C2ISR
• The Kirameki-2 defense communication satellite
• Enhancing communications for cross-domain operations and surveillance
• Missile defence activity and the role of satellite capabilities
Space: Reach and Resilience2:20 pm - 12:00 am Airbus Presentation
Space: Reach and Resilience3:30 pm - 4:00 pm A Space Strategy For Europe: Preserving Security And Autonomy
• Outlining Europe’s existing space capabilities and their role in supporting collective security and defence initiatives
• How will the EU be funding and developing its space capabilities to respond to future security needs, such as cyber?
• What are the main challenges currently facing space agencies in Europe, from a security perspective?
Contested Environments: Cyber and C2ISR3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Maintaining ISR In A Contested Environment – A Small Country’s Perspective
• Swiss Air Force C2ISR doctrine
• Outlining the ‘contested environment’ concept – from cyber to A2/AD
• A Swiss Air Force view on operationalising the abstract domains
Contested Environments: Cyber and C2ISR2:50 pm - 12:00 am Space And Cyber: Quiet Enablers For Joint Battle Management And ISR Operations
• Intro to Space and Cyber BMC2 and JISR Capabilities
• Space and Cyber Applications in a Joint/Coalition Environment - Issues and Opportunities
Contested Environments: Cyber and C2ISR4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Countering Hybrid Threats In The Cyber Domain: A New Driver Of The European Security Environment?
• The objectives of the new Countering Hybrid Threats COE
• Strategic cyber challenges: disinformation campaigns, malicious cyber activities, and online radicalisation
• What is an effective, collective European response to countering hybrid cyber threats and infractions? What can policy and technology do to support these security initiatives?
4:15 pm - 4:45 pm Afternoon Tea and Networking
4:20 pm - 12:00 am Sustaining Global Reach: The E-3 Mid-Life Upgrade Program
• Outlining France’s MLU programme for the E-3 Sentry
• Integrating a new mission computer, additional and more powerful consoles and a new IFF system
• The enduring need to sustain legacy aircraft whilst adapting to changing threat environments