Lieutenant Colonel Bart HoebenC4ISR/Head of Air Command & Control
Royal Netherlands Air Force
Lieutenant-Colonel Hoeben was commissioned in the Royal Netherlands Air Force in 1991. After training as a fighter controller and air battle manager, he served in air command & control positions in The Netherlands and Germany and was deployed several times for NATO peacekeeping and peace-enforcing operations. In 2007, Bart worked in the Joint Strike Fighter Program Office in Washington, DC. Returning to The Netherlands, he was assigned to a joint ISR requirements position in the Ministry of Defence. After graduating from Netherlands Defence College in 2012-2013, Bart returned to the Ministry of Defence as a Senior Staff Advisor in unmanned aircraft systems, space and air operations control. Currently, he is the International Fellow at APDC, researching concepts of 5th-generation C2 and ISR.
• Concepts for 5th Generation airborne command and control
• 5th Generation ISR
• Integrating 5th Generation platforms into complex battlespaces
3:30 PM Maintaining C2 Dominance
• The DTOC and further expansion to support a more multifaceted MTDS/LVC capability for the NAEW&C Force
• AGS and its role in supporting distributed C2 architecture in Europe
• Decision-making compression and C2 in coalition operations
• What other gaps exist in NATO’s C2 framework?